Frequently Asked Questions
50th Anniversary Gala Time Change
Please note that the Gala time has changed to 6:45 p.m. on Friday. Check-in opens at 5:00 p.m. and Reception begins at 5:15 p.m.
Can I still register to attend the 50th Celebration?
Due to capacity limitations, registration is closed for all events. All events require pre-registration.
What is the venue address?
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
Hotel phone: (301) 965-4000
Where can I find the latest schedule?
The schedule for the 50th Anniversary events is available here.
Where should I go for check-in?
Check-in will be available at the following locations and times. Please note that name badges must be worn at all functions except the Gala. Guests will receive their seating card for the Gala at check-in on Friday evening.
- Leadership Summit (daytime programming at the Gaylord National Harbor)
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Eastern Shore 2 (Atrium Level, one level below the lobby)
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. | Eastern Shore 2
- Welcome Evening at Mount Vernon: Thursday | 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. | Main entrance at Mount Vernon
- 50th Anniversary Gala Dinner: Friday | 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. | Potomac Ballroom Foyer (Ballroom Level, one level above the lobby in the Convention Center)
What are the parking options at the Gaylord?
Self-parking is available at a discounted rate of $20 plus tax per vehicle. For overnight guests, parking access will be added to your guestroom key. For day guests, you may pick up voucher for the discounted rate from our registration desk. Valet is available for $59 plus tax per vehicle.
Transportation will be provided for guests attending the reception at Mount Vernon. Complimentary valet and self-parking will be available.
What is the dress code for attendees?
- Leadership Summit: Business casual
- Mount Vernon (by invitation only): Business casual. Comfortable shoes are strongly encouraged as the reception will be held on the lawn and there is a fair amount of walking. We also recommend keeping an eye on the weather and packing a jacket, just in case.
- 50th Anniversary Gala Dinner: Black-Tie Optional
What are the parking options at Mount Vernon?
- Address: 3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway, Mount Vernon, VA 22121
- Complimentary self-parking: Parking lots are located on the east and west sides of the George Washington Memorial Parkway as you approach the estate entrance.
- Complimentary valet parking: Valet service will be offered in front of the main entrance to the estate grounds.
Will bus transportation be provided between the Gaylord and Mount Vernon?
Yes, shuttles will be provided.
- Bus departure times: 5:15 - 5:45 p.m., every 10 minutes; a second set of buses will depart at 6:25 p.m. and 6:35 p.m.
- Bus loading location at Gaylord: Woodrow Wilson Bus Loop (Ballroom Level, one level above the hotel lobby).
- Bus return times from Mount Vernon: 8:45 p.m. - 9:15 p.m., every 10 minutes; a second set of buses will depart at 9:50 p.m. and 9:55 p.m.
What meals will be provided?
- Leadership Summit: Light continental breakfast (pastries and coffee) and lunch.
- Welcome Evening at Mount Vernon (by invitation only): Reception with a variety of food stations and beverages.
- 50th Anniversary Gala Dinner: Reception, dinner, and dessert reception.
Sharing a photo on Social Media?
If you post pictures or quotes from the events on your social media handles, please use the hashtag #Heritage50. Our Heritage social media team will be looking for and resharing posts with that hashtag!
Who can I contact if my plans have changed or I have other questions?
Please feel free to contact our Special Events team at [email protected].